home | The stages | Stage 8
Breuil/Cervinia – Plateau Rosa
|Dénivelé positif||1'295 m|
Why not going down to Zermatt village? Sleeping in a mountain hut, at more than 3,000 meters is an unforgetable experience! Stay up there and enjoy the evening and the early morning at Rifugio Teodulo 3,317 m or at Rifugio Guide del Cervino - highest point of the Tour Matterhorn at 3,480 m. Here it seems like you can touch the Matterhorn, in a high mountain environment.
From Breuil-Cervinia you'd better take the lift until Plan Maison 2,554 m. The ascent until Teodulpass 3,301 m ends by a walk on glacier - here you should have a rope even if you walk on groomed trails.
Not to be missed
- the altitude will may be the problem of the day arriving higher 3,000 meters at Teodulpass ;
- the Matterhorn! You'll see it like in postcards ;
- the experience of an overnight in high mountain ;
- the view on the 4,000 peaks around the Teodul glacier.
Accommodation and catering
- at the Rifugio Teodulo at the Rifugio Guide del Cervino or at Gandegg Hut
1:25'000 -> Folio 1347 Matterhorn, Folio 1348 Zermatt
1:50'000 -> Tour Matterhorn (by tourist offices)