|Dénivelé positif||2'410 m|
|Dénivelé négatif||1'919 m|
The trail from Zinal to Sorebois is one of the most steep of the Tour Matterhorn. You can avoid this 700 meters ascent with the cable car Zinal-Sorebois. This ride will be free of charge if you sleep the night before in one of the Zinal's hotel - with the Anniviers-Liberté pass. From the village of les Haudères as the hike to reach Arolla 2’006 m could be not very intersting,we advice you to use public transportation (Car postal).
2 passes close 3,000 meters elevation, 1 big dam lake, in a high mountain scenery : this make the stage particular.
Not to be missed
- the scenic view on Weisshorn and Zinalrothorn mountains from the top station of cable car Zinal-Sorebois ;
- other panorama : lake and dam of Moiry from the Sorebois pass at 2,835 meters ;
- the mountain lake Autannes at 2,686 meters, before hiking the Torrent pass at 2,916 meters, famous link between Val d'Anniviers and Val d'Hérens ;
- the Hérens breed cows and their strong temper ;
- charming tipical wooden houses ;
- sunset on Mont Collon from Arolla.
Accommodation and catering
- check out our partner accommodation page of Val d'Hérens
1:50'000 -> Tour Matterhorn (by tourist offices)