|Dénivelé positif||1'059 m|
|Dénivelé négatif||1'204 m|
As an international trek, the Matterhorn Tour makes you travel through languages and cultures. From Gruben in Turtmanntal to Zinal in Val d'Anniviers, the hiker enters the French speaking area of the Valais. Crossing the Meidpass at 2,790 meters, the trail goes downhill until Zinal 1,675 meters. At half way, you can rest at the historic and famous Hotel Weisshorn, before going on the Sierre-Zinal mountain marathon race trail.
Not to be missed
- as a long stage, don't forget to carry food and beverage ;
- sunlights on the Meidsee ;
- very wide view on the West side, from the Meidpass ;
- Hotel Weisshorn, at 2,337 meters and built in year 1887! ;
- micro-brewery Bière de Zinal.
Accommodation and catering
- check out our partner accommodation page of the Val d'Anniviers
1:50'000 -> Tour Matterhorn (by tourist offices)